What are skin tags?
One treatment Casa Beauty-Tampines always get enquiries will skin tags removal in Singapore. Skin tags are an irritating but common type of skin growth that looks like small, soft, skin-coloured growths on your skin. They can vary in colour (flesh-toned colours) and size (from a few millimetres to 5mm wide).
Skin tags are found on the neck, eyelids, underarms, under the buttocks’ folds, around the groin area, or under the breasts. They are harmless and don’t usually grow or change, and don’t cause any pain or discomfort. Skin tags are generally smooth and soft, knobbly and hang off the skin, but not contagious.
What are the causes?
There are a few health factors that can cause skin tags to develop. They consist of loose collagen fibres (a protein found throughout the body) and blood vessels surrounded by the skin. Both genders can develop skin tags. However, they are more likely to happen to older people and people who are obese or have type 2 diabetes. Also, pregnant women may be more likely to develop skin tags as their hormones levels change and increase. Interestingly, people develop them for no apparent reason.
Where are they found?
Skin tags typically grow in the skin folds, where the skin rubs against itself, causing friction, commonly on the neck, armpits or groin area. That is why they tend to affect primarily overweight people who have excess folds of skin and a more extensive skin friction area.
How can this affect you?
Skin tags don’t require any medical attention. However, these growths can make you feel self-conscious about your appearance or get caught on your clothing or jewellery and bleed. On the brighter side, there are professional treatments to help remove skin tags.
Read on to find out more about Skin tags removal in Singapore
Skin tag removal in Singapore
– Do not try to remove a skin tag by forcefully pulling it off, which can cause an infection or, worse, trigger an enormous growth. It is highly recommended to consider making an appointment with either a doctor or a qualified beautician to remove it safely.
Skin tags removal in Singapore at Casa Beauty is normally done with a facial as we need the skin to be thoroughly cleansed and prep for the treatment.
Laser or Cryotherapy
– They can easily be burnt or frozen off with the procedure called Cryotherapy. Cryosurgery treatment uses liquid nitrogen to freeze and kill skin tags, making sure they do not appear or grow again. The cold quick-freeze temperature kills the cells within the skin tag, blocking the blood supply to the area and causing it to fall off naturally. However, it can cause minor irritation and temporary skin discolouration. Lasers are only performed by medical doctors.
Electric Current Removal
A treatment carried out with a safe and straightforward topical anaesthetic and is relatively painless. The skin tag is carefully zapped away using a professional-grade beauty machine and removed entirely, leaving only a tiny white or pink scar in its place. There can be a risk of minor bleeding. The same can also be done on milia seeds and imbed whiteheads.
Things to look out about skin tag removal in Singapore.
– Never attempt to remove large skin tags yourself because they will bleed heavily, causing irritation, scarring and even infection. It is not medically recommended.
– After removal, keep the area clean and do not contaminate by touching it.
– Sometimes, skin tags can fall off on their own if the tissue has twisted and died from a lack of blood supply. Gentle and mild body exfoliation can support this.
– We do not recommend over-the-counter creams that claim to be able to remove skin tags or milia seeds. They are messy to use and, most of the time, do not have any results.